Monday, April 23, 2007

Shun Sign

The Fan Who Refused My Autographed Novel

Did I ever tell you about the heartbreakingly beautiful woman who snubbed an offer to buy a personally autographed copy of my novel, Vegemite Vindaloo. No? Never told you the yarn? Well, newer readers of this blog might not realise that the novel made the bestseller compilations, ranked on the same list as the Booker Prize winner. I was also very touched by a couple of web-based reviews, one at Terry Fletcher's outstanding Anglo-Indian Portal and another at Dance With The Sun.

But how could anyone say no to an autographed copy of the novel that even outsold Frederick Forsyth and Jeffrey Archer? Read all about it at Oxford Bookstore. One word of caution, however. As the Oxford Bookstore feature article is an external link written by me but not related to my blog, it can be a bit slow to load, so do be patient. Let me know what you think of the story - I'd love to hear your views.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I read the link and loved it to bits. But that also made me think that since I am not married to this author can I please have my own autographed copy some day... Siddharth

david mcmahon said...

My word, Siddharth,

It would make me very proud to autograph a copy of the book for you and your wife-to-be.

Glad you liked the story.

Take care

David

Shrink Wrapped Scream said...

Oh, how clever! Think I may have to read this book, after all..

david mcmahon said...

Hi Shrink,

Glad you liked the story. It was a fun thing to write.

I'd be honoured if you did read the book. Truly, I would.

Cheers

David

phaseoutgirl said...

David,

I love the way you refer to Wendy as a "heartbreakingly beautiful woman", she must know how lucky she is to have the one she loves say this about her!

Glad to be linked to this book once more, and yes, I would love to have an autographed copy but maybe I can wait till we finally meet for you to sign mine!!

You are always an inspiration!

cheers,
Cecilia

david mcmahon said...

Hi Cecilia,

I'm the lucky one, really.

Autograph? I would love to autograph your copy of the book. You cannot imagine what a buzz it is to sign an autograph for someone!

Keep smiling

David