Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Gizmo Machismo

Cheats Forging Their Way Ahead, With iPods

And you always thought iPods were just for listening to your favorite tunes? They're also for cheating, at least according to some school administrators. Many US schools have banned iPods and other digital music players from exams. In Idaho, Mountain View High School principal Aaron Maybon says the students come up with "new and creative ways to cheat pretty fast." While no kids have actually been caught iPod cheating, Maybon says a teacher overheard a couple of students talking about it. The music players can be used to record audio answers to tests, or crib sheet can be displayed as the text of song lyrics.

2 comments:

Bart said...

Oh, EASILY.

God, I remember how I'd program mathematics formulas in to a graphing calculator, formulas we were supposed to "memorize" (don't get me started on my personal philosophy on the BS of memorization geared testing) for the test. Even though the classes required said calculators. It was like the teachers were completely in the dark about the capabilities of a graphing calculator, or they secretly liked our moxie.

david mcmahon said...

Hi Bart,

I guess I was just lucky that my maths and science teacher in high school was just a sensational guy. I did enjoy your story, tho ...

David