Monday, April 16, 2007

Natwest Blank

Are Those Really The Keys To The Bank?

A cleaner in Pinner, Middlesex, left the keys to a bank's front door sitting on top of a cashpoint. And, according to The Daily Mirror, staff at the Natwest branch didn't even thank the honest passer-by who found them and returned them safely the following morning.
Paul Andrews, 58, couldn't believe his eyes when he spotted the keys while out walking near his home. He said: "I tried them in the door and it worked, so I locked up, put them in my pocket and went home." He rang the police, but two officers who turned up said: "You could open up for them and hand the keys back personally." However, Andrews said embarrassed staff were far from appreciative the next morning.
Branch manager Kay Patel said: "They're the cleaner's keys. If anyone had gone in the alarm would've gone off. Security would be here in an instant."But Andrews replied: "I rang the emergency number on the door and left a message but nobody got back to me. I did a good thing and instead of thanking me they were defensive. That annoyed me."

No comments: