Thursday, April 19, 2007

It's Scarlet, O'Hara

Or Maybe It's Just Red, Butler

Photograph copyright: DAVID McMAHON


Okay, so autumn Down Under is not the riot of vivid colour that it is in Canada or the United States, but this shot just proves that if you look closely enough, you can still find a refreshing contrast of hues. I was doubly intrigued because the higher of the two red leaves looked for all the world like a starfish - and I kept thinking of Patrick in the hit TV cartoon `SpongeBob SquarePants'.

6 comments:

Bart said...

At least you know who Patrick IS. I used an image of him as an avatar at a forum, and people kept asking me what the heck it was.

david mcmahon said...

Bart-man,

Jeez, that was quick. I only just posted that picture.

Spongebob is BIG in our house and I mean B I G!! My kids and I always chuckle at their antics.

Hey, three years ago, someone in the States started a Spongebob church! Remember that?

Cheers

David

Shrink Wrapped Scream said...

Spongebob's cool - and that's official, my 15 year old sports his poster up in his room!

Loved the pic.

Deborah Gamble said...

David,

Spongebob is an indelible icon in the Gamble household. While the children love viewing his cartoon show, I would have to draw the line at worship services at a Spongebob Church. Though it may seem we exalt the venerable Spongebob if one were to view the family's DVD collection.

david mcmahon said...

Hi Shrink,

Tell your 15-year-old I have been dying to put a poster of Spongebob on our front door!

David

david mcmahon said...

Hi Deborah,

Yes, I don't think I'd be lining up for crabby patties at the church of SpongeBob.

But he really does rock.

David