Saturday, April 21, 2007

Sky Scaper

Must Be Pink's Latest Concert


Photograph copyright: DAVID McMAHON

It might look as though a violet-azure mini-tornado is approaching, but it was just a harmless evening sky without a hint of menace. I actually took this shot just before I went to Sydney - and promptly forgot about it over the Easter holiday. I shot this from our nature strip (for my US and Canadian readers, a nature strip is the two-metre-wide strip of grass that separates an Australian front yard from the edge of the street). The soft pastels in the sky intrigued me, as well as the clearly demarcated colour separation. Less than five minutes later, the colours were completely washed over.

2 comments:

KMalinkaVintage said...

beautiful picture!
you are very talented!

david mcmahon said...

Thank you, Nataliya,

I'm glad you liked the photograph. You are the first person to comment on it!

And very humbly, thank you for your comment on my talent.

Take care

David