Monday, April 23, 2007

Extra, Extra, Read All About It

Store Clerk Hits Jackpot After Error

A slip-up by a North Carolina store clerk has paid off, bigtime. Wadburn Allen accidentally rang up an extra, duplicate Powerball ticket for a customer in Conover. At the end of the day, after she was unable to sell the second ticket, Allen decided to pay for it herself. The next day, Allen returned to the store and found to her surprise that the ticket matched all five numbers - earning her a $200,000 jackpot.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

A good deed never really goes unrewarded. Sort of makes me think that indeed we can get some good things from mistakes.

freelancercn said...

Good luck! Maybe good luck hide in mistakes.
I am Chinese freelancer come from google community.
feel free to visite my blog.
http://freelancercn.blogspot.com
I'll be appreciate.

david mcmahon said...

Hi Chris,

Exactly - could not have put it better myself.

I once read, years ago, that the only true mistake is one that teaches you nothing. Makes sense ...

David

david mcmahon said...

Hi Freelancercn,

That's the first comment I've had from a blogger in China, although I've had quite a few hits from the country.

Thanks for taking the trouble to visit and comment.

You're right. Good luck does visit people in mysterious ways.

Yes, I'll visit your site in the next 24 hours, for sure.

Cheers

David