Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Post Orifice

Just Don't Hound The Mailman

Photograph copyright: DAVID McMAHON


The mailbox (property of Australia Post, of course) at the Dog on the Tuckerbox says it all. Post your letter here, and it arrives at its appointed destination, with one of the more interesting postmarks in the country. The black-and-white notice says: ``Gundagai, NSW, 2722. All mail posted in this posting box will be postmarked with this pictorial postmarker.''

Yep, that gets my stamp of approval.

4 comments:

Bart said...

Have you seen the USPS mailboxes that look like R2D2? They make me giggle.

Sorry about the language. I really was (still am, really) pissed about the treatment. I edited out the really naughty bits in hindsight.

Also, I don't think I'd be a great judge, but it's a really good idea. I'm sure it'll go over very well.

Shrink Wrapped Scream said...

Wonder if the postmark gives the postman any nervous tic's?

On the judging front, how about keeping who ever is judging anonomous?? Would work for me!

david mcmahon said...

Hi Bart,

I remember the first pictures when they were released about a month ago. They were terrific.

Have you actually seen one or used one yet?

Good decision about editing the blogpost. I just reckon you have more of an effect that way. And that's the bottom line, isn't it.

I'm glad you like the idea of guest judges. Lots of issues to mull over, but it's a step forward, not a step backwards.

Appreciate the feedback.

Keep smiling

David

david mcmahon said...

Hi Shrink,

I'd be nervous if I was the postman! Doggone!

On the judging issue, I hear what you're saying, but I think (I'm open to debate) if we have a guest judge, then we all need to know who the guest judge is.

Just a thought, but we can iron out the nitty-gritty.

Thank you, as always, for the wonderful stream of well-considered feedback.

Take care

David