Thursday, February 15, 2007

Beyonce Knows

The Sports Illustrated Swim Shoot Issue

This year's Sports Illustrated swimsuit issue has a music theme (as you probably know by now, the cover proclaims boldly `The Music Issue') so we're just trying to work out who played second fiddle.
Among the many landmark venues for the several shoots, the Cleveland Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and Museum played host to Russian Anne Vyalitsyna, who posed with Jon Bon Jovi's motorcycle and other Rock Hall items.
According to MyFoxCleveland.com, the magazine portrayed the museum with respect, said Todd Mesek, Rock Hall spokesman. "We felt it would've been an omission if we weren't included," he said.
Also in the issue, models are featured at Elvis Presley's Graceland mansion in Memphis, and posing with Kanye West, Aerosmith, Kenny Chesney, Gnarls Barkley and Panic! At the Disco.
And guess who's featured on the cover? If you haven't worked that out by now, it's the former star of Destiny's Child, singer/actress Beyonce.
For the photo shoot, she posed on a Florida beach in a yellow-and-pink bikini by House of Dereon, the fashion label she started with her mother, Tina Knowles.
We should applaud Beyonce because - if I'm not mistaken - she is the first person who is neither a model nor an accomplished athlete to grace the cover of the swimwear issue. That's a great achievement for her and a wonderful decision by the editorial board of the magazine. This is the 21st century, after all.
FOOTNOTE: Music theme? It must have ended on a high note.

6 comments:

Atlantis said...

hy!
Like you all ready saw, I'm new at this blogger. I have other blog, but that's on other provider, so... It's a little bit hard here, because it's on english, and the other my blog is on my language, croatian. well, enought about me..
Nice blog, i've put it on my favorite sites. Well, have a nice day!

david mcmahon said...

Hi Sanja,
Thanks for dropping by. Great to know you have listed my bog among your favourites.
I think you're doing an amazing job to blog in two languages - English and Croatian.
Enjoy blogging
Cheers
David

lissa said...

Thank you David for comment on my blog. http://aquarius2626.blogspot.com/) I really appreciate your comment. I really don't follow the news that much though. Your blog is well written not too clutter. If you don't might some criticism: You have posts since 2005, maybe put labels on the sidebar. It would really help to browse easier. I read your comments on my blog and on Google Groups. Sorry for the misspelling. I'm really bad at spelling.

Thanks.
-lissa.

COLORADO BOB said...

David .... This is the first template I used. I call it brown wallpaper. Look in my links on the left column, and click Mur in Australia. You'll like his stuff.

david mcmahon said...

Hi Lissa,
Criticism is always welcome. I will take your advice. You're right - it would certainly make it easier to browse.
I enjoyed your latest cloud picture and will be posting something on my blog for you!
Cheers
David

david mcmahon said...

Good to hear from you, Bob,

Will check Mur on your site. Look forward to it. Thanks for pointing me in that direction.

By the same token, do visit Terry Fletcher's Anglo-Indian Portal and you'll see some very good stuff there. Terry's a great webmaster and a nice bloke.

Will be back to visit your blog. Us old hippies have to stick together!

Cheers

David