Saturday, February 24, 2007

Cross Purposes

Adelaide's Swimmers Are Well Trained
Photograph copyright: DAVID McMAHON

Of all the beaches I've been to, all round the world, I've never seen one quite this unique - where you have to watch for mini-trains as you cross the street. This is the beachside tourist train (narrow-gauge, of course) that I photographed in the blogpost Everybody's Doin' The Loco Emotion. It was just a nice juxtaposition of images - the level crossing sign, the crooked tree, the white sand, the sea and the brooding grey sky on a hot summer evening. Nice range of colours, too.

2 comments:

B.T.Bear (esq.) said...

I've seen these trains on a home video as my sister lived in Elizabeth a while ago! I thought they were great!

Helena

Bob The Bear's mum

david mcmahon said...

HI Helena,

What a small world. It's a terrific train.

David