Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Donald Trump Puts His Hair On The Line

Now That’s A Concept To Wrestle With

And so the next big wrestling match is between Vince McMahon and Donald Trump. Right? Well, not quite. Trump and McMahon will indeed go head-to-head against each other in the ``Battle of the Billionaires’’ at Wrestlemania 23 on April 1 in Detroit - but they won’t actually be trading headlocks and half-Nelsons.
Each man will pick a wrestler to represent him in the ring. If McMahon’s man loses, the WWE stalwart will shave his head and (wait for it) if Trump’s wrestler loses, The Donald will have the razor taken to his scalp immediately. I missed the original story posted on The Detroit News, but I couldn’t help wondering if the date - April Fools’ Day - had any significance.
Not so, says RecordOnline.com. The website quotes WWE spokesman Gary Davis, who confirmed it was not a joke. ``If Trump loses, he shaves his head,'' Davis said.

FOOTNOTE: Trump v McMahon. What's their head-to-head record?

6 comments:

Steph Lealman said...

Hey David,

Oh dear, why is everybody wanting to shave their heads?
Anyway, if they want to make the bet interesting the looser should have to donate a couple million (well they are billionaires - no real harm done to their fat bank accounts) to cancer research, or Africa or the New Orleans Katrina victim - That way some good comes out of it.

Bart said...

Thanks for visiting my blog, though I'm kinda upset that you got to this story first, it's right up my alley! :D

I like your blog as well, and your photography. Your shots are quite crisp. I've always wanted to do a little amateur photography, but I've just never really committed. Probably because I'd want at least a nice camera, not one of those point and click deals, so I could be a little artistic, and even the cheap ones of those are kinda pricey.

If there's anything you notice about my blog that you want to comment on, feel free to do so.

I'm going to link to your blog from mine, because it's nice to have somewhat of a counterpart on the other side of the globe. Heh.

Anonymous said...

"Donald Trump Put's His Hair On The Line"?

That's no sacrifice. All he need do is lift off the bad rug and put it where he pleases.

McMahon could do the same except his looks better glued on.....

david mcmahon said...

Nice comment, thank you for taking the trouble to visit.

And I'd just like to point out that despite our surname, I am not related to Vince McMahon!

Nor do I have his hairstyle!

David

david mcmahon said...

Hi Steph,

Yes, the shaved look is a bit of a worry. Maybe they should go in a three-way contest with Bill Gates and see who can donate the most.
Cheers

David

david mcmahon said...

Hi Bart,

My pleasure, visiting your blog. Don't be put off becuse I got to this story ``first''. You go ahead and have fun with it, because everyone's tale is unique and I'm sure yours would be great.

I'm very glad you like the blog and the photographs. I'm very interested in the comment that you want to get into photography. Nothing wrong with a point-and-shoot model. Some of my best shots were taken with basic point-and-shoot cameras. Have a look at the link http://david-mcmahon.blogspot.com/2006/11/dirty-fokker-flight-services.html and you'll see what I mean.

Let me encourage you gently along the path of amateur photography. It's a great learning curve and the basic cameras have wonderful functions and don't cost a lot now.

I you need any info about cameras, let me know.

Yes, I will continue to comment on your blog. Thanks for linking our blogs.

Cheers and stay in touch

David