Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Things Happen Like Clockwork, Orange

You're Parking Up The Wrong Tree

Photographs copyright: DAVID McMAHON


Any idea what the first photograph depicts? A billboard for Orange County, perhaps? Strips of orange Blu-Tak, maybe? No, it's just part of the facade at a huge multi-storey car park in Melbourne. I drive past it several times a week and it suddenly struck me that it would be great to frame just the orange segment in one shot. The second picture shows you the whole scene, looking up from street level.

4 comments:

COLORADO BOB said...

Dave thanks for the kind words about my posts. Here's one to look at Vic in BC. She's way up in the woods :
Cariboo Ponderer

Tuesday Taylor said...

I think it looks like an old shutter from the 70's. And, yea, I read about the poor monkey man, too. Poor dude. I always wanted a monkey, but I had children instead.

david mcmahon said...

Hi Bob,

No worries at all. The least I can do is point discerning readers to quality sites.

Thanks for giving me Viv's link. Will check it out, but can you get in touch with her and ask her to nominate her blog for Aussiejourno's Weekly Blog Awards at http://david-mcmahon.blogspot.com/2007/02/aussiejournos-weekly-blog-awards.html

Haven't been on Mur's site for a few days. Must make amends.

Cheers

David

david mcmahon said...

Dear Scandalous,

Yes, you're right about the flower child-era shutters. They were a class act, right up there with the lava lamps.

Maybe they'll make a big comeback on the international retro market!

Cheers

David