Monday, February 26, 2007

Big Game Punters

You Too Can Be A Big Oscar Winner

Think you can predict the big winners at today’s 79th Academy Awards? Then play the game by logging on to MSNBC.com. It’s simple. Just opt for the likely winners – and then follow the leaderboard that will be activated as soon as the first winner is announced. As the website explains, ``The objective of the game is to score the most points by picking the winner of each of the 24 categories in this year's Academy Awards. Points are awarded for each winner chosen, with different weighting given to certain categories. All you need to do is create an entry and start picking the nominees - it's that easy!’’ It’s a great idea from MSNBC.com and someone in their publicity department needs a big pay rise.

FOOTNOTE: My only prediction is that the leaderboard will get more hits than Martin Scorsese.

2 comments:

Bart said...

I would have gotten my butt handed to me if I had tried that. Because as much as I wanted The Departed to clean up, I didn't think the Academy would do it.

david mcmahon said...

Nice one, Bart! The Academy works in mysterious ways sometimes.