Thursday, February 22, 2007

A Fridge Too Far

Who’s Broken In And Refurbished My Flat?

There’s a gem of a story on Ananova today. A Frankfurt man returned from a weekend away to find his flat had been broken into - and refurbished. Gunther Hagler, 45, called the police after arriving home to find his flat in Frankfurt had been renovated.
He was completely mystified - understandably so. Even his fridge had been replaced, the walls given a fresh coat of paint, windows cleaned and new furniture installed.
Yet nothing had been stolen and even the food from the old fridge had been placed in the new one. Police solved the mystery when they called the landlord to find if anyone else had a key, and discovered he had ordered a complete renovation of the flat next door - but handed over the wrong key.

3 comments:

Jenera said...

I wish that someone could do this in my house!

Thank you so much for the nice comments on my blog! I appreciate the feedback and input.

Thanks!
Jenera

http://jenerahealy.blogspot.com

david mcmahon said...

Hi Jenera,

My sentiments exactly. It was a pleasure visiting your blog.

Cheers
David

Sonia said...

That's just brilliant.