Friday, July 18, 2008

For He's A Brolly Good Fellow

Time To Take The Umbrella View

Photograph copyright: DAVID McMAHON


We're in Kuala Lumpur at the moment, after flying in from Langkawi. This bloke said a cheerful "Good morning" from his vantage point near the base of the Petronas twin towers. He was selling the perfect gimmick for tourists - headgear with an extendable mini-umbrella.

As soon as I clapped eyes on him I asked if I could take a photograph and he just grinned and struck a couple of poses. So yes, I shot him as he strutted, but then I got this frame so that you can actually see how clever his gadget is.

Did we help his daily profit figures? Yup, we sure did. And me - I'm off to Brollywood next.

10 comments:

none said...

I remember those hats from when I was a kid. Wearing one to school could get one pummeled mercilessly

SandraRee said...

We wear them here, at our National Fair every year!

Maggie May said...

Ok unless its windy then you'd take off like a helicopter!

Sam Fox said...

Hey David, when you get back from your travels (you lucky thing you) come over and pick up an award at my place!

Cath said...

I remember seeing one of those before, but I can't remember where. They are very useful contraptions in muggy heat!

Looks like some one got his day made... ;0)

Charles Gramlich said...

Love the hat attachment.

Sandi McBride said...

Now that would be perfect for working in the garden in the rain...that is if we had any rain...
Hurry back, I know you're all having fun but we're coming close to foundering here...
Sandi

Tammy said...

I could use one of these for my kid's baseball and football games. It seems to be raining a lot.

orneryswife said...

I used to have one of those. I was on the front page of our school newspaper wearing it on crazy hat day.
TM

Mima said...

What a clever gadget, and I love all the colours, its a bit like the little windmills that you get for the garden, I just can't resist as I love all the colours together!