Sunday, July 13, 2008

The Sunday Roast

Take Time To Travel The Cobblestone Path


This week's interview is with Melissa,
who writes the blog Down A Cobblestone Path.

The first of the standard questions. Why do you blog?

I started blogging to stay in touch with my family members. At the time, my one sister was living out in Colorado, we were all in Ohio, plus I thought I could talk about day to day activities that Audrey and I do, or daily conversations with Audrey that my family wouldn't normally hear otherwise. My Dad had started a blog back in July of 2005. I didn't even know what a blog was, once I started, I soon became hooked.

What's the story behind your blog name?

On prior blogging services before blogspot, I was known as Audsmom (Audrey's Mom), however when I started up a new blog here, I didn't want to be tied directly to that name, so I chose downacobblestonepath. Why? There's not one specific reason why, but when I picture a cobblestone path, I think of some quaint, cozy little cottage that you would find in some other country like England.

What is the best thing about being a blogger?

To me, the best thing about being a blogger is having the ability to meet other people all around the world. Had I never started blogging, I would have never met you, or many other people. It's also great to see crafting ideas from all over the country and world.

What key advice would you give to a newbie blogger?

The advice my Dad told me was to leave comments on blogs that you have read, the people who you leave comments at, will come and visit your blog. He told me that's how a readership starts up, and I would have to agree with that.

What is the most significant blog post you've ever read?

There's been a lot of them which have made me stop and think. The post The Faces is one that had an impact on me.

What is the most significant blog post you've ever written?

I've written a few which for me have been more of a release. One time I wrote about my weight which was a powerful post for myself, another time I wrote a very long but much needed entry about my ex-husband.


Today's Sunday Roast with Melissa is the twenty-fifth in a weekly series of interviews with bloggers from around the world.

4 comments:

Cath said...

Just been. Great interview and great blog. Thanks for introducing yet another wonderful blogger! (My bookmark tab is ever growing...!)

Akelamalu said...

Another good interview. I'm off for a walk down a cobblestone path. :)

CrystalChick said...

Hello. What a nice thing you do, to introduce bloggers! I wandered over to Melissa's place and left her a comment.
I like your pictures alot.
Seems I'm always trying to get good captures but the technical things are lost on me so I use photo programs to make them look how I want.

Mary Says....
have a nice day. :)

Melinda said...

very cool!