Friday, September 18, 2009

Tower Power

Just Keep Working Those Angles

Photographs copyright: DAVID McMAHON


I shot these images early two weeks ago, in the city. There was a smattering of light cloud across a clear blue sky and even though it was only the fourth day of the Australian spring, the caress of the morning sun brought unaccustomed warmth.

I just happened to look up to gauge the cloud cover and this view just stopped me in my tracks. It might not have been the most arresting skyscape in terms of colour, but as far as perspective went, it was pretty special.

The silhouettes worked in my favour and the unmistakable lines of a couple of cranes on building site nearby just gave me a bit of extra reference. And just in case you were wondering, these are two separate buildings, on opposite sides of a street!


For other participants in Dot’s concept, go to Sky Watch HQ.

23 comments:

imac said...

I like these 2 shots David, nice sky lines.

Daryl said...

Lovely .. I took a similar shot the other day ...

Maria said...

From an unusual angle! Fascinating!

Sylvia K said...

Love your perspective! Marvelous shot, as always, David!

Enjoy!
Sylvia

Pseudo said...

Very cool shots.

Marguerite said...

Fantastic shot! Very special, indeed, David.

Regina said...

Nice skies and shots!

Corey~living and loving said...

Always a treat to see the world through your eyes, David!

have a great day!

James said...

Very cool shot david. This is too funny. I came very close to posting similar photo and calling it "Working the Skywatch Angles", but I decided to go with another theme this week.

bobbie said...

You're right - it is pretty special!

Steffi said...

Very good shots and cool perspective!

Rinkly Rimes said...

Accidental works of art! Well, not really accidental I suppose!

Maggie May said...

An unusual angle. Very effective.

Colin Campbell said...

Very interesting use of shapes.

Cloudia said...

Great! Echos a shot I posted yesterday...

Aloha

Comfort Spiral

What About The Girl? said...

I can never take shots of buildings and skies like that.
It makes me dizzy ;-)
Needs a lot of practice (and balance!)

Annie said...

nice...yes, saw that one the day after I arrived in Melbourne...!!

Rosaria Williams said...

Unusual, unexpected, inviting to discover.

Jim said...

Great sky peek.
Sydney - City and Suburbs

Dimple said...

Nice shots, and thanks for the explanation! I didn't identify the buildings at first!

Lew said...

Great way to frame the couds!

Christina, Sweden said...

Thats, a different angle, interesting!
So nice going aroud skywatching all over the world :-)

Christina, sweden

http://christinas365foton2009.blogspot.com/search/label/Skywatch%20Friday

magiceye said...

lovely!