Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Blind Guess

Here's An Unusual View Of The Arts Centre

Photograph copyright: DAVID McMAHON

The soaring spire of the Arts Centre is a sight I've photographed many times. But here I was, on the fifth floor of a city building - looking directly at the distinctive base of the spire. Kath Burton saw me taking this picture and asked me if I was photographing a dusty window. After I explained what I was doing, she shared a laugh with me. It's not every day you get to photograph a Melbourne symbol through a set of window blinds!
PS: Regular readers know this already, but I have to emphasise this for first-time visitors - I did not use a filter for this shot, nor did I enhance the image in any way. That ain't my style.

6 comments:

Bart said...

It's almost surreal. I like.

-bart
www.bartraeke.com

Women on the Verge said...

Compelling...

E of wotv

Steph Lealman said...

very cool, if you stare at it long enough the horizontal lines of the blinds kinda seperate into wavy groups against the skyline and clouds, which makes it look even more surreal...To me anyway

david mcmahon said...

Hi Bart,

Thank you. I thought it was a departure from the norm.

Cheers

David

david mcmahon said...

Hi there, women on the verge,

My sentiments exactly. It was a ``different'' picture, waiting for someone to come along with a camera!

Thanks for taking the trouble to leave a comment.

David

david mcmahon said...

Hi Steph,

I'll have to try that - sounds like one of those Magic Eye pictures that were around some years ago!

Cheers

David