Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Petal Pusher

How Does Your Garden Groan?

Photograph copyright: MELANIE McMAHON

In Victoria, we're being promised some more rain this week, which is welcome news across the drought-stricken countryside. My garden, normally ablaze with colour, looks like as dry as an Outback farmer's boots. If I didn't know better, I'd have thought someone took a blowtorch to my azaleas, but the hardy roses are still thriving in the dry conditions. This one is a Chicago Peace variety. The shot was taken just after the drizzle yesterday, which left this bloom with tiny pearls of moisture - the first in weeks.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

like father like daughter?! How wonderful. A gorgeous shot.

I wish I could say the same for my spring garden, which I am trying to resurrect, using various artificial measures and professional help!

Carol McFarlane

david mcmahon said...

Dear Carol,

Yes, Mel and Matt have as much fun with the camera as I do. They handle it very well and I let them experiment with depth of field and angles but they seem to manage it instinctively.

Yes, I'm very pleased with their efforts, although I'd never push them into photography. It's very interesting watching them at `work'.

What do you have in your spring garden? Petunias are always a great splash of colour - and they just keep going for months.

Say hi to Neil for me.

David