Sunday, March 18, 2007

It's Earth Kit, Not Eartha Kitt

In The Green Corner, It's Team Honda


It was only when I read Brad Spurgeon's report yesterday on the International Herald Tribune website that I realised the big Formula One decision by Honda was actually Simon Fuller's idea.
As I write this blogpost, of course, the two Honda cars are competing in the Australian Formula One Grand Prix here in my hometown, Melbourne, and are completely stripped of traditional sponsor logos. Fuller, the man behind the Spice Girls and the `American Idol' format, has been working with Honda since last year.
Honda replaced the logos and the team's own corporate colours with a simple, striking photographic representation of the earth. If you feel strongly about environmental causes, you can go to http://www.myearthdream.com/, where any contribution (as far as my understanding goes) guarantees your name will be written (in very small letters) on the racing car.

No comments: