Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Vertical Rainbow

It's All Downhill From Here, Mate

Photograph copyright: DAVID McMAHON

This was a shot that just had to be taken. Those bright colours, those wavy patterns. The slender shadow on the left. Any idea what the shot depicts? It's actually a multi-lane mammoth slide, called the Euroslide. I'd guess it's about 30 metres high and its contours would give anyone an adrenalin rush. This was the tightest frame I could get, incorporating all the numbers, all the colours and as much depth as I could manage.

6 comments:

Bart said...

Water or regular slide? I'm guessing regular.

Looks fun either way.

david mcmahon said...

Hi Bart,

Regular. If it was a water slide, I would have been ON it, taking pictures!

Cheers

David

Anonymous said...

How could you not go for a slide?
I got wicked road burn on my leg from an alpine slide when I slid off the little cart seat.
I love the rainbow vision of colors.

Jenera said...

Ah, that brings back memories. I LOVE those slides. You definitely should have taken a shot on the way down the slide.

david mcmahon said...

Hi Chewy,

I resisted stoutly! But I was very focused (literally and metaphorically) on the `rainbow'.

Glad you liked the shot.

David

david mcmahon said...

Hi Jenera,

You're right. Okay, I'll make my way back!

David