Monday, March 26, 2007

Clock Off

Daylight Shaving Time, For Sure

Photograph copyright: DAVID McMAHON


Five months of daylight saving ended at 2am on Sunday, with the clocks going back by an hour. But this morning, when I got into the city I noticed that the main clock tower at Flinder Street station still had summer time displayed. It was a busy morning and I couldn't spare the time to head down to the river to get a shot of the clock. But at lunch time I wandered downstairs and composed this shot deliberately, to get the clock `framed' by the autumn leaves on a tree. It was only when I uploaded the image here that I noticed the clock had been corrected to show the right time. Ah well, it's still a good shot, so here it is anyway!

4 comments:

Fletch said...

So bloody honest, it hurts!

You made a suitably vague reference to taking the shot at 'lunchtime' - your lunchtime and your readers' will probably differ in any case - and then you 'fess-up to the clock having been corrected!

A little bit of being "economical with the truth" (not telling all) wouldn't have gone amiss this time. But that's not your way, and it is comforting to have a 'constant' to rely on.

Good shot, BTW!

david mcmahon said...

G'day El Tel,

Does that (given the land of my birth and upbringing) make me an honest Injun!??

Naaaah, I know what you mean - and I think it pays to be brutally honest. Even if it means admitting I didn't notice the time had been corrected while I stood there and photographed it!

Many thanks, as always, for dropping by so regularly and being such a great friend and supporter and tech adviser.

Will start visiting the Portal every day (as I used to) once I have this novel out of the way.

Say hi to Maria.

David

B.T.Bear (esq.) said...

Wow. When I saw the photo, before reading the post, I thought it was a picture of a model, like LegoLand or something!

Anyway, good pic!

david mcmahon said...

Hi BT Bear,

Yes, I see exactly what you mean. It's a beautiful building, and the colours are striking.

Cheers

David