Sunday, March 25, 2007

Storm Clout

We're Delighted To Hear The Sound Of Rain

Photograph copyright: DAVID McMAHON


We've actually had rain - finally. There was a heavy shower on Friday night, bringing a cool change after the tropical heat of 35 Celsius. In the past 24 hours, we've had a few showers as well and the temperature has dropped to a more pleasant 21 Celsius. The skyscape has alternated rapidly between grey stormclouds and scattered, patchy cloud cover, while at the moment we have a clear blue sky. This shot was taken late on Friday evening, with the sun concealed behind a cloud as its rays emanated in a beautiful pattern.

6 comments:

Stacy said...

I love this picture! It's so great that you have this shot to remember that day.

Also, thank you for including me on your blog awards. I really appreciate your visits, comments, and tips.

Stacy

david mcmahon said...

Hi Stacy,

I was actually in the back yard, doing something else, when I noticed the cloud formation and the light, so I went racing back in for the camera!

You're most welcome. You're on the list because you deserve to be there. I'm glad the comments help.
Just buzz me here if there's anything I can do

Keep smiling

David

Marianne said...

That's a way cool shot of the sky, David! Very expressive and impressive clouds!

Wonderful.

Marianne

david mcmahon said...

Thanks, Marianne,

Just one of those lucky shots where I happened to be outdoors. Good thing my camera was within reach!

David

Anonymous said...

Excellent shot, to see the sky like this is just so refreshing... Siddharth

david mcmahon said...

Thanks, Siddharth,

And the strange thing is, at the air show yesterday, we kept swapping from moody grey sky to patches of brilliant blue sky.

The light at this time of year is amazing, with the harsh summer contrasts on their way out.

David