Saturday, March 17, 2007

Six Education

Herschelle Gibbs Makes Van Bunge Jump

You have to feel for any bowler who gets thumped around the paddock, but Herschelle Gibbs' feat of six sixes in a single over has given Dutch leg-spinner Daav Van Bunge an unenviable place in World Cup history. ``I'd seen Brian Lara hit a few in Test match cricket and thought I could do something similar. Today happened to be that day,'' Gibbs said. ``The last two balls landed in the right areas for me to have a go and luckily I didn't miscue either of them. If the ball's in the right place I'll try anything.'' Gibbs joins Sir Garfield Sobers and Ravi Shastri as the only bastmen to perform that feat at first-class level.

FOOTNOTE: Sobers' victim was a bowler called Malcolm Nash, Shastri's victim was Tilak Raj.

No comments: