Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Breaking Through The Paint Barrier

Brushing Up On Australian Artistry

Photograph copyright: DAVID McMAHON

Remember how my Canadian friend Allan Cook recently came up with the concept of tag-team blogging? He suggested that he and I post simultaneously on our respective blogs and that I would pose a question on my blog and include a link so that readers could go to his blog for the answer. To see how we did this, just go to Deck Cheney and follow the link.

Now I'm borrowing Allan's great concept and extending it to a regular visitor to this site. Marianne Plumridge is an expatriate Aussie who is based in New England, US. She has a couple of sites, but you can see some of her wonderful art, updated regularly, at Daub du Jour.

Marianne mentioned to me a couple of days ago that she was missing the Australian weather, so I took this shot for her. It shows the incredible green tones of the native bottlebrush, still thriving and healthy despite the fierce drought. There you go, Marianne. It'd be great if you would consider painting this and putting it on your site.

4 comments:

Marianne said...

HI David,

I saw this and your challenge as soon as you posted it and left a nya, nya,nyaa, nya, nya on my blog. :-D

I've had a few business things to get out of the way, and a rocket that I really wanted to paint...but now I'll get to it. Honest! BTW, were you an Art Director in another life? The behaviour similarities are remarkable. :-D

CHeers
Marianne

david mcmahon said...

Hi Marianne,

Nothing better than leaving a friend a ``nyaa nyaa'' message - must have been your version of ``the chronicles of nyaa nyaa''!!

Saw the rocket and left a comment, too.

I did chuckle loud and long about similarities to an art director!

Hooroo

David

Marianne said...

David,

I painted your bottlebrush leaves!! Day 47 on my blog! The original is brighter than the post image - it always posts darker on blogger for some reason.

Anyway - Tag, you're it!

marianne

david mcmahon said...

Hi Marianne,

Great work. I left a comment on your blog about 12 hours ago.

As you can see from Deborah Gamble's comment up the top of my blog today (Aus time) she loves your work and she's even nominated her favourite.

Great stuff and I hope your blog - and your painting talent - gets the attention it deserves.

Cheers

David