Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Stem Sell Technology

Yep, We'll Drink To That Sentiment

Photograph copyright: DAVID McMAHON


Any idea what this photograph depicts? Not sure? It's really a very common sight. Have another look. Getting the idea? It's just a close-up shot of long-stemmed glasses, hanging upside down in a Melbourne restaurant. I took a couple of frames with the flash on, but the flash itself negated the beautiful, soft mid-tones and subtle reflections I was trying to capture. So I went straight into ``flash off'' mode and was pretty happy with the result. Let me know what you think.

6 comments:

Fletch said...

Nice pic - as usual.

But an empty wine glass is the equivalent of the Aussie adage about " . . . the pub with no beer!"

One of life's sadder commentaries.

david mcmahon said...

Nice one, El Tel,

Glad you liked the picture. Very impressed with your cultural cross-reference to ``the pub with no beer''.

Okay, you've just reminded me of a picture I must dig out and post. Watch this space.

David

savannah said...

gorgeous pic...i've found no flash mode to be the better choice when trying to capture something so easily distorted by light/reflection...

david mcmahon said...

Hi Savannah,

You're right. It's the right mode when you're trying to capture nuances of colours and tones.

Thanks for taking the trouble to comment.

David

Wael Eskandar said...

Dave,

I took a photo that looks very close to this, that's why I instantly knew what it was... of course mine had inferior composition.

I like it a lot, something about so many of them is appealing.

W.

david mcmahon said...

Hi Will E,

Thanks for dropping by and leaving a comment.

You did well to pick exactly what was in the picture!

Hope to see you back on my site.

Cheers

David