Tuesday, March 27, 2007

They're Batting In The Belfry

Ganguly's Square Cut (With A Difference)

Some Indian fan with a biting sense of humour and a working knowledge of Adobe Photoshop has sent out an email that is doing the rounds. For the benefit of my American and European readers, I'll just explain that India bombed out early - and unexpectedly - in the Cricket World Cup, and a billion fans are not happy. The email shows a series of images showing what the cricketers should consider as their next career moves.

So why haven't I reproduced the images here? Because I do not know the source of the images, or whether they are copyright.

But let me paint a word picture for you. One team member is shown as a cycle-bound coconut vendor, another as a monkey-dance man. Rahul Dravid is depicted as a sadhu, or holy man. Sachin Tendulkar is shown as a roadside snack vendor. Ajit Agarkar makes an appearance as a beachside fish vendor. And former captain Sourav Ganguly turns up as a barber. I reckon that's gotta be a fringe benefit!

4 comments:

Ak-Man said...

"So why haven't I reproduced the images here? Because I do not know the source of the images, or whether they are copyright." - Thats not gangsta...

We need to pics Dave. Come on, it's junk email, no one holds legal rights . . . right?

david mcmahon said...

Hi Ak-Man,

Always great to hear from you. I do need a rev-up occasionally!

My kids keep telling me I'm not gangsta - so you're probably right!

Problem is, I don't know if the shots have been copied off a website or scanned off a magazine. Hence my caution.

But stay tuned. Yo!

David (wearing shades and trying to look ultra-cool)

Unknown said...

have seen the lot :)
an then there are em
sms's about the team :(

i would get the flak now
wouldnt i???

aaahhh team india...

madi

david mcmahon said...

Hi Madi,

Nice to hear from you. I must say, I was really surprised when they lost without a fight.

David