Sunday, April 13, 2008

The Sunday Roast

Lots Of Computing Power On This Imac

This week's interview is with imac,
who writes the blog Photos From The Mind's Eye.



The first of the standard weekly questions: Why do you blog?

G'day David. Ah - Which seat is mine, my friend, to your left or my right? As you can see, Ive dressed for this auspicious occasion. Oh, and please speak a little louder, as I'm a little deaf in this ear. Thank you.

What's that, ah, why do I blog? Well, as you may already know I've been a keen photographer for many a year now and in the last few years I have been making greeting cards with some of my photos to help pay for the expense. I guess it's because I really want to share my photos with people with the same passion as I have - to take photos.

What’s the story behind your blog name?

My blog name is imac. No, I don't use an iMac Computer, I have a PC. So imac - simple, really. 'Tis I - Mac. My surname is Mackinder = imac.

What is the best thing about being a blogger?

Well, that's easy really, To show my photos to all the friends I've made while I've been blogging. I never really thought that I would meet so many friendly people here, to swap photos and comments - to tell stories sad, happy, funny ones ... To have a good laugh with everyone or to share a tear or two together.

To be inspired to improve my technique too. Oh, and to be a clown and to share my insanity moments when they attack me, haha.

What key advice would you give to a newbie blogger?

Phew - well, I'm really not technically minded, and easily forget things told to me, all I can say is to buy a camera that's suited to you and that feels right in your hand. To frame a picture with a tree, maybe don't have the focal point dead in the middle. I've had no lessons or been to any clubs. You will know when you have an eye for a photo too.

What is the most significant blog post you’ve ever read?

Ah, now that's the time to be excused, is it? Time to take a break then ..... Ah, G'day again David, thanks for the pint too. Now this is really hard to answer. There's been so many great posts from everyone, all I will say is the moment that sticks in my mind is when I read a post from a person that has the same insane mind as I have. It clicked.

What is the most significant blog post you’ve every written?

This one is easy because it ain't been written yet. So keep looking at MY blog - or you might miss it. Ah, beep beep beep beep, I like Road Runner the best.

Cheers, folks, keep smiling and be happy. Oh and keep blogging too. Oh, I forgot, you all are welcome to come to my 60th birthday party in June. Thanks for being a great host, David, and for having a joker as your guest.


Today's Sunday Roast with imac is the eleventh in a weekly series of interviews with bloggers from around the world.

21 comments:

imac said...

Oh my cough cough, well I'm flattered David, you did a good job on me haha.
You didnt tell me I had my hat cocked and side ways.lol.

Joking apart, haha, Many thanks David in making me a star, but really you are the brightest star.

Shrinky said...

Hold up, it's still early Saturday evening over here y'know!

Ah, imac - I assumed he was a techie, so I've never been in, being so non-techie myself - now this changes things, a photographer, huh? (tip-toeing over for a peek..)

Cheers David!

Shammickite said...

Good idea, to interview fellow bloggers, then we can find out a little more about the person behind the screen. And as I write this, it's still Saturday here.

Katney said...

Yes, imac, a jolly good blogging friend, but I didn't know about the hat. That's a side of him I'd missed, but will watch for now.

Maggie May said...

Enjoyed learning more about Imac, though I was sooooooo disappointed that he didn't have an imac like me! Just a play on his name! Ah well!

lime said...

LOL, that picture alone is absolutely fantastic. here's fellow with some zest!

Misty DawnS said...

I've been a big fan of his photos. Now, it's really nice to get an insight on 'the man'. ;-)

By the way David - The premier of Camera-Critters is up at http://camera-critters.blogspot.com

Tom said...

He's a mad man.. he sends me emails that are mad, he sends me comments that are mad. And well he is mad... but you know what.. I kinda love the old boy.. I will miss him as well this week as he is on a trip to Ireland..
so he is.

Bradley's Mom said...

Wow, David! You've done it again!

Your choices of bloggers to roast are so excellent!

Thanks for introducing me to IMAC.

Linda

Charles Gramlich said...

I'm a Road runner fan myself

dot said...

Great interview of a very interesting man! I'm a fan of his blog also. Wonderful pictures and he keeps us laughing!

Celebration of Life said...

Hi David! I'm back!
Jo

Cath said...

Imac does great photos and it's great to see that he is quite mad too.

Lovely interview again. Thanks David. I think. ;0) (smile)

Jeni said...

Anyone tripping over the line of the age 60 who freely admits to being a Roadrunner fan, has to have a great sense of humor and thus, be a darned good blogger. Thanks for the introduction, David.

Anonymous said...

I just went and saw iMac's Friday's Sky Watch reflection photos and now I am major jealous!

Anonymous said...

Neat idea and post, David.

Akelamalu said...

LOL what a superb interview and I love the portrait! :)

i beati said...

I love his work David but never saw this side of him - great outfit- seriously I can't go a day without his photos which are a part of my soul really

Craver Vii said...

I'm arriving a bit late to the party. Is there any food left?

Mr. Mackinder, I would think you kinder still if you let me borrow that cool vest of yours. Here, I will let you use this nice white jacket with long sleeves and sturdy buckles.

mrsnesbitt said...

I've met this man in the flesh! O er Matron! His wife and I are good friends, we like to shop together! LOL We also wear funny hats too!
A great chap! I have a soft spot for S.
Dxx

Sharon said...

Wonderful! You couldn't have picked a better or more fascinating subject :) I'm a fan and will remain so for a long time to come, I'm sure.