Friday, April 18, 2008

Post Of The Day

Today’s winner is Sandi McBride with How To Reassure The Practically Immortal They Are Not Dead. The other contenders were Jamie Dawn with Redneck Life; Uncle Joe with Miracle In My Backyard; Sybil Law with Uranus (Hahahaha); Max-e with Flying Into The Sunset; Derfwad Manor with Bossy Bossy Bossy; Snooty Primadonna with I’d Like To Kick The Crap Out Of Cancer; Jo Beaufoix with Ladybird, ladybird; The Pea Green Boat with Who Will You Be?; Epijunky with Letter To My Daughter; Ramblings Around Texas with Blue Sky (It’s Too Cold To Swim) and Quiet Paths with Sky Watcher. Do pay them a visit and leave a comment if you have time.

You can nominate a post too. Just leave a comment here with the URL or link - and tell us the name of the blogger you are nominating. You can nominate more than one post. And yes, you can even nominate your own work. Righty-o, then, it's over to you ....

19 comments:

Shrinky said...

oh boy, lots of new ones to me up here - cheers David!

Epijunky said...

Thank you David :)

This post in particular meant a lot to me.

John Theberge said...

Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving a comment. I checked yours out also and I find it pretty interesting.

Jane said...

Thanks David.

This post raised important issues. Lots to think about.

Kat said...

Thanks for more great links, David!

The Birdlady said...

Well, how cool is this?!

Suldog said...

One of the funniest things I've ever read, over at CrazyCath's.

http://crazycath.blogspot.com/2008/04/policeman-by-ladybird-books-not.html

Lavinia said...

What a neat idea! I checked out a few of your 'winners' and I thoroughly enjoyed what I saw/read.

Tonight, when I have more time, I shall peruse more.

Thanks for providing a link to blogs that I had never heard of, and might not ever have found otherwise.

Regards,
Lavinia

Whistle Britches said...

Thank you sir for the nomination!

sybil law said...

Oh thank you, kind sir! I can't wait to read the other winners!
My email's been down so I JUST NOW got access to it. I have some catching up to do, I see!

Snooty Primadona said...

Thanks for including me. I'm very honored and I'm enjoying the others as well.

Sandi McBride said...

Thank you David...
Sandi

Jamie Dawn said...

Uncle Joe and his wife and family came to visit me and my family last summer. We met in town for dinner, and they were the first blog buddies I ever met. After that, I met three more blog buddies before the summer was over. He is a very funny guy, and his wife is a sweetie. I've laughed out loud over some of his posts and the comments he had left at my blog.
I'm glad you showcased him here.
I also thank you for mentioning my post. I am doing a good job of transforming my California ways and becoming a hillbilly hick redneck woman.

Have a nice day!

Jamie Dawn said...

Oh!! And Sandi's posts are always so enjoyable.
I credit you with connecting me to her. She is a gem.

Medic61 said...

Epi's Letter To My Daughter brought major tears to my eyes. Definitely well deserved.

Max-e said...

Hi David, thank's for that. Have a great weekend

Jo Beaufoix said...

Thanks so much for the mention David. And Sybil's uranus is very funny. ;)

Cath said...

Those are good uns again. Seen some and visited the rest. Uranus is funny. I got a couple of funny's up too if you want a giggle ;0)

Oh and just noticed - thanks Suldog!

Mrs. G. said...

Thank you very much. It was fun to write.