Monday, April 07, 2008

Dummy Run

Can Someone Paper Over The Cracks, Please?

Sounds like they're getting the hang of it. A Chinese artist provoked a public scare when he hung naked mannequins from the outside of skyscrapers. Shanghai artist Liu Jin put up four mannequins and put wings on their backs for the work, titled Wounded Angels. But passers-by mistook them for real people perilously clinging to the buildings. Police say they received several calls about reports of people hanging from the side buildings. To see the photograph, go to Ananova.

FOOTNOTE: Klingons, or Cling-Ons?

16 comments:

imac said...

Cor David, see what you mean about calling 911.

dot said...

I can't see the wings but I do see the crack. I bet that was a sight for sore eyes!

Jo Beaufoix said...

How weird! And Dot's comment made me giggle.

Casdok said...

Dummy run! Excellent!

Anonymous said...

Art is supposed to stir people's emotions, but I do believe that inducing heart attacks is a bit over the top.

D... said...

Spider-Man, Spider-Man, Friendly neighborhood Spider-Man...

Hilary said...

Seems like that artist had everything well-planned, but in seeing the photo, I think he was just winging it. ;)

Sandee said...

Love the footnote. Bwahahahahaha. I guess it would give one quite a start. Have a great day. :)

Leslie: said...

I would have called 911 as well. It looks so real! But a panic could have ensued and cause a real person to be hurt. I don't think the artist was using common sense here.

Jennifer S said...

I'm not even going to take a crack at this one, David.

Cath said...

I think it was "Cling ons" !
Some folk have no sense eh? They look incredibly real. Poor woman with heart attack!

Love your title and footnote - and some of the comments here!

Dave Coulter said...

Yeah, I'd probably freak out too if they were way up high.

Wouldn't be as shocking if those dummies were hanging from a second floor gutter!

katherine. said...

klingons....laughing....

Carolyn said...

Snort. Klingons. And once again, Hilary and Jennifer with the punny comments. Love it.

There's an award over at my place for you...

i beati said...

Wow I would have been scared and very interested ha

Colleen said...

Oh my goodness! I would totally have thought that was a person too.