Saturday, March 10, 2007

Deck, Cheney

Tag-Team Blogging Is A Cook's Tour

Photograph copyright: DAVID McMAHON

This great concept, ``tag-team blogging'', is the brainchild of Allan Cook, a progressive Canadian blogger. He suggested that I pose a question on my blog in Australia - and invite readers to go to his blog in Canada for the immediate answer.
So simple, yet so effective. I wish I'd thought of it.
Okay, so this is how it works. Have a look at the capstan (that's the black object that looks like a chess piece) in this photograph. I shot this about 18 months ago during a cruise on the RMS (Royal Mail Ship) Segwun at Gravenhurst, Ontario. About a week ago, Allan emailed me to see if I knew the specific purpose of the capstan. Duh, I said, not a clue.
Now comes the fun part. Just go to http://web.mac.com/allancook to check Allan's memorable explanation. I hope you enjoy his laudable concept and I'm sure you'll like his site as well.

And if you want to read my entire feature article on the Segwun, along with photographs, go to Old King Coal's Soul at Terry Fletcher's excellent Anglo-Indian Portal.

FOOTNOTE: Do leave us a comment to let us know what you think. And if anyone else would like to tag-team with Allan, you now know where to find this man of ideas.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just wanted to let everyone know that this story has now been Triple-Tag-Teamed, as Terry "Fletch" Fletcher has put a link in the comments on my portion to a story of David's that's published on his Anglo-Indian Portal. Stop by Part II on my site to catch the link over to Fletch's!

david mcmahon said...

Great news, Allan,

Thank you Terry. Coming from someone of your experience, that's a huge vote of validation for Allan's tag-team concept.

David

Leon said...

It reminds me of the way some new bloggers blog - making me play 'find the response'. :)

david mcmahon said...

Hi Leon,

Thanks for dropping by. It's all about exploring Allan's concept.

And it's a bit like life, except this time you knew exactly where to find the answer, by clicking on the link to Allan's site!

Hope it worked for you. Let me know what you think.

Cheers, mate

David