Thursday, March 01, 2007

Site For Sore Eyes

Shucks, I Feel Like `Jenny From The Blog’

A simple text message from an alert newspaper reader many thousand kilometres away alerted me to this critique of my blog. According to Statesman.com, my online efforts constitute a must-see blog. Allow me to quote from Cyber Crack’s column. ``This is a diary of events that will hold the interest of any netizen. (The site) http://david-mcmahon.blogspot.com/ is an effort of a man who enjoys life and takes pleasure in happenings around him. The site is updated daily and David McMahon goes out of his way to post photographs that are simple but hold the attention of one and all. And each entry comes with an interesting headline such as `Bid Me Baby, One More Time’ or `A Burden In The Hand Is Worth Two In The Push’.

4 comments:

Bart said...

Awesome! Nice write up, man. Kudos to you.

Unknown said...

I agree. Keep up the good work David. Your effort is actually an inspiration to me. :) I hope you can teach me how to have the same zeal as you do in writing. I just find it hard to have to find inspiration before writing. :P

You are a writer and I know you know how there are times that we have "the block".

Cheers to you, man. And more success for your blog.

gs said...

i couldn't agree more. i enjoy reading your blog and am always impressed with the captions. continue the good work david. by the way, in another few days i wiould have read fully the 'vegemite vindaloo'.take care.

david mcmahon said...

Hi Bart,
Thank you very much.
David

Hi ipodwheels,
Thank you for taking the trouble to comment. Thanks too for your encouragement and I'm so glad my effort is an inspiration. That's why we blog - to inspire each other in many ways.
If there is indeed any knowledge I can pass on to you and others, all you have to do is ask and I will share whatevr experience and knowledge I have - and I will do it very humbly.
Yes, the `block'' does appear. But that's just one of many challenges.
Thank you once again
David

Hi Gopal,
Thank you too for your kindness and your support. I'm glad the captions and headlines are being noticed. I do have a lot of fun with this blog and I guess it shows, otherwise people wouldn't come back to it.
Thanks for letting me know how you're progressing with my novel.
Say hi to Lulu.
David