Friday, July 04, 2008

Look, Ma, No Hans

Drunken Caper Has A Ferry-Tale Ending

A drunken 78-year-old Swede stole a dinghy after a night out in the Danish town of Helsingor and tried to row back to Sweden, but fell asleep halfway. When he couldn’t pay for the ferry from Helsingor to Helsingborg in Sweden, he decided to row the five kilometres across the strait of Oresund that separates the two. Danish police later found him out at sea, still asleep – in one of the busiest shipping lanes in the world.

FOOTNOTE: Debt row.

10 comments:

mrsnesbitt said...

This reminded me of the song "What shall we do with the drunken sailor"
Have you ever got something in your head which you KNOW is going to slip out? Well I was singing the sone above with about 80 pupils....I suddenly got the words "stick him in a boat with a randy raver", and not "Stick him in a boat with a rusty razor!

I had to ask another teacher to take over....I just KNEW the ords would slip, together with my reoutation! LOL!

Monique said...

Some people are lucky to stay alive. Denise, I love your comment about the randy raver. What a mistake to make.

Cath said...

LOL - I bet he felt a right fool. I can just picture the tiny boat amongst all the ships.

A randy raver eh? Denise.... there's things she's not telling us y'know.... ;0)

Lana Gramlich said...

What a title! *ROFL* Kudos...

Anonymous said...

I love your puns. You've got me laughing my fool head off. I'd like to return the favor. Come on over.

holly said...

i've BEEN to Helsingor! i've BEEN on that ferry! that is COOOOOLD water. ferry ferry cold!

Tess Kincaid said...

"Look, Ma, No Hans" made me laugh so hard, I can't even type!!!! No come back for that one.........!!!

Sandi McBride said...

Talk about a cheap date!
Sandi

Maggie May said...

How do you come up with these titles? So funny & that guy is lucky he didn't end up sleeping eternally!

Shrinky said...

Blimey, he must have some powerful guardian angel looking out for him, huh?