Tuesday, March 13, 2007

I’m So Sari

Sourav Ganguly Is All Over Women’s Fashion

You know cricket is in the headlines when a batsman appears in the ever-morphing Google logo, as the 2007 World Cup gets under way. And as former Indian captain Sourav Ganguly knows, it’s all about how visible you are. The comeback man, known as ``Dada’’ or elder brother in India, is now being honoured by the famous handloom weavers of West Bengal, his home state. According to IndiaENews.com, the weavers will produce 150 traditional saris, comprising nine metres of cloth, with Ganguly emblazoned on the fabric.

FOOTNOTE: That’s the fabric of society.

2 comments:

Bart said...

That cricket quote from the last cricket post was from Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, by the way.

I forget, did I remember to renominate myself for your weekly awards?

-bart
www.bartraeke.com

david mcmahon said...

Hi Bart,

I meant to get back to you on that last week. I was going to suggest tat it was from `Hook', but hey, my education included the Ninja Turtles as well.
Good one.
Got your nomination as well. Good luck with the Bart Plan For World Domination.

David