Friday, March 02, 2007

Dark De Triomphe

Perfect Time To Glow With The Flow

Photograph copyright: DAVID McMAHON

It was close to midnight in Montreal and I was on my way back to the beautiful Queen Elizabeth Hotel (world-famous for the historic ``love-in'' peace protest by Yoko Ono and her late husband, John Lennon) when I had to get my camera out for the last shot of the day. The floodlights on the building gave that lovely glow in the background, and the graceful arch gave me a handy backdrop. The set of traffic lights in silhouette gave the picture a bit more perspective, and as you can see from the street sign, I was on the memorable Rue St Catherine, where it seems that no one ever sleeps.

4 comments:

Women on the Verge said...

Gorgeous photo! I used to do a bit both in front of, and behind the camera. Every time I see a great shot like this I think I really need to get back into it again... maybe after the kids are older .. sigh.

Ethel of wotv

copper stiletto said...

Thanks for the comment. I needed a boost and a 'its going to be ok' moment!!

david mcmahon said...

Hi Ethel,

Glad you liked the picture. I'm glad you think it's a great shot. Get back into photography now - you don't need hours and hours to do it.

Just carry a camera with you - and if you see something that catches your eye, shoot the scene.

Good luck and let me know how you go.

Cheers

David

david mcmahon said...

Hi Copper Stiletto,

No worries at all. Everyone has moments like that. If you have any blogging/ writing/ design queries, just drop me a line here.

Keep smiling

David