Monday, September 15, 2008

Doggone Medics

Doc, I'm Really Hoarse Today

Photograph copyright: DAVID McMAHON


I took this shot in the High Country Inn in Whitehorse. This sort of humour is so redolent of pioneer country, be it Alaska, the Yukon or the Australian Outback. Wry humour - which is only one step removed from gallows humour, is such a part of the indominatable human spirit.

And as I've always said to many of my friends in both countries, the easygoing Canadians, with that wonderful ability to laugh at their own foibles, are simply Australians with different accents.

10 comments:

aims said...

I like that idea David. Down under or up North....

Anonymous said...

I've known a few docs. like that.

Am I in the right place to reccomend a post for blog of the day?

Suldog's Si Rosenthal, hero is wonderful

This Is My Blog - fishing guy said...

David: I cute sign for certain.

Anonymous said...

Cool blog David! Like the picture most.

Leslie: said...

the easygoing Canadians, with that wonderful ability to laugh at their own foibles, are simply Australians with different accents.

That about sums us up! ;D

Cath said...

Hmmm. Yes, I think from what I have seen on the blogosphere, that just about sums it up as Leslie says!

Cath said...

Seconded Suldog's post - Si Rosenthal

Georgina said...

Great sign, did you know in the UK that vets can treat people, but doctors cannot treat animals! It's a good job an old dog like me married my vet. Debs x

P.S Can I also recommend Maggie May for POTD http://granniemay.blogspot.com/2008/09/modern-fairy-tale.html

becky aka theRAV said...

Odd, colorful, cute and funny. Funny like I found Dragonstars' odd shot.

Daryl said...

I love signs .. I saw one today and was sorry I had already done my odd shot... and so I took the 'sign' with me, scanned it and posted it as another post .. pretty odd and funny

:-Daryl