Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Post Of The Day

Today's joint winners are Maggie May with A Modern Fairy Tale and Jennifer Harvey with Empty. The other top contenders were Gone Back South with Don’t Grow On Trees; Moannie with Rene; Suldog with I Am An Imbecile; Crazy Cath with Portrait Of Words; Louise with Smoke; Jeff B with I'm Afraid I Failed; Nikki with Found In The Garden; Jo Beaufoix with Pleasure Into Pain; Holly with Of Dogfood And Chocolate; Crystal Jigsaw with Hen Pecked; Lin with Still Here - Sigh and Nurse Ratched with Clara Barton And Galveston. Do pay them a visit and leave a comment if you have time.

You can nominate a post too. Just leave a comment here with the URL or link - and tell us the name of the blogger you are nominating. Righty-o, then, it's over to you.

15 comments:

Maggie May said...

Thanks David, that is so kind.
I have just been over to Jennifer Harvey's and that was very powerful stuff. Better to share it I think, as there is therapy in that.

kylie said...

hey david,
wheres weekend wandering?
i guessed it was on hold while you were away, but youre back now, arent you??

cheers

Cath said...

Thank you David.
Just, thank you.

(All the others, apart from two would you believe, I had already read! I really need to get a life.... lol)

Cath said...

And I meant to say, they are ALL brilliant reads. I don't know how you choose...

Deb said...

Excellent writing. Thank you for suggesting we visit these posts. Both POTD were written from the heart - my favorite type of writing. After reading these posts I am left with a sense of sadness, with a somber feeling. I will reflect. Take care.

Suldog said...

David:

My sincere thanks, as always. And the company I'm in! Many of these folks are daily reads of mine, for good reason. I'll be sure to check out the others.

Anonymous said...

Thank you David...You have put me in such good company, glad Suldog made it too.

Jennifer S said...

David, thank you! You just made my day, and especially because it was that particular post.

Congratulations to all the others, and I'm heading over to read them now (though I've read Louise's post, and was actually there the day of her story - she's my cousin, and we grew up within miles of each other. I'm so happy she's here on the same day with me!).

Louise said...

Thank you, David. I really do not know how to say that in a big enough way.

And as usual, the others are brilliant! I laughed, I cried, I learned. Excellent choices!

Nikki - Notes of Life said...

Thank you for including me, it's very much appreciated :) I'm off to read the other posts. Thanks again :)

San said...

Maggie's post was so heartfelt and beautifully written. The others, even some of the familiar names, I haven't gotten too. So many great blogs, so little time...

fuzzbert_1999@yahoo.com said...

Suldog is the man!

Needs to get that blook going!

holly said...

thanks david! you da best!

Sandi McBride said...

Wonderful choices as usual...I'm hard put to say which was my favorite...
Sandi

Hilary said...

I have some catching up to do.. bookmark.. bookmark.. bookmark..