Sunday, September 07, 2008

The Sunday Roast

One Flew Into The Cuckoo's Nest


This week's interview is with Cuckoo,
who writes the blog Cuckoo Cosmos.


The first of the standard questions. Why do you blog?

I blog for many reasons, foremost being a platform to give vent to my emotions, thoughts and views about the happenings around me. Sharing my views, my experiences, recording funny anecdotes, documenting travel experiences are some more reasons to blog, which get expressed in very simple forms that include prose, poetry (both Hindi and English) and sometimes only pictures. Often I also blog for fun and creativity and you’ll be glad to know that we still often play the "Passing the Sentence" game on my blog.

What's the story behind your blog name?

Which blog ? I have three!! Well, I like the name Cuckoo very much (smiles & winks). So it had to be something related to Cuckoo. The name of my travel blog "Le Monde – Cuckoo’s Eyeview" came in because of my love for French language. This is the only foreign language I know. No, I don’t consider English as a foreign language.

What is the best thing about being a blogger?

First is expressing and sharing views and ideas with outside world. I read somewhere that there are also psychological benefits of blogging. I think that’s very correct. By nature I am a very quiet and reserved person. Blogging has made me more open, more lively. I can opine about most of the topics instead of keeping them to myself. Also, now I can dance in the rain in the middle of the road which I could not even imagine earlier. :)

Blogging gives another dimension to friendship. Meeting so many wonderful blog friends from all over the world whom I haven’t even seen, has added an unexpected measure of joy to my blogging hobby. Had I never started blogging, I would have never met you or so many other people. I have made some good friends here who are as concerned about me as my own people.

The positive thing about being a blogger is learning through the words of these friends who are open, friendly, and kind. Like true friends, they don’t forget to criticize something they don’t like on my blog. One amazing thing that I came to know recently is that there is somebody from our own apartment building who is a fan of mine. I am yet to find out who the person is. :)

What key advice would you give to a newbie blogger?

My advice to a new blogger is to have patience, not to worry about readership, continuously write good original stuff and enjoy the abundance of new-found blog friends. Read some blogs. If somebody stops and leaves a comment on your blog, the first thing is to reply them and return visits. Go to their blog and say hi. If you actually know something about whatever they have posted, then share your knowledge about that subject with them. Do not try to fake it. Answer appropriately. BTW, I have decided to write on this topic in detail on my blog.

What is the most significant blog post you've ever read?

I have read many blogs and a lot of them have made me stop and think. At this point, I cannot single out a post but there have been many which I enjoyed reading.

What is the most significant blog post you've ever written?

I have written many posts on my surroundings which were significant in their own way as each one of them has been individual and true. But as of today, I think I’ll give my vote to That Was Indu. Indu was my classmate in school and became an unfortunate victim of our society. This post is very close to me.


Today's Sunday Roast with Cuckoo is the 33rd in a weekly series of interviews with bloggers from around the world.

9 comments:

Cath said...

That is a brilliant interview. I think I have "met" Cuckoo before but I'm off to have another gander!

Love the photo [grin]

Kim from Hiraeth said...

I'm enjoying your Sunday Roast posts! Now I'm off to visit a cuckoo!

Anonymous said...

David,
Thank you very much for featuring my interview on your blog.
I am honoured.

And thanks to all.

Cuckoo

Saz said...

l like you roast posts, of course here its still sunday, but who the heck cares...
untilt he enxt time...

btw where are you now??

Maggie May said...

I enjoyed that interview and the photo was one after my own heart!! Must search her blog.

Rhea said...

The newbie advice was spot on!

Shrinky said...

Cuckoo, you little tease, we still STILL don't know what you look like!!

I am already a regular visitor to Cuckoo's site, and I have to agree with the post she has highlighted as one of her most significant. I recall being very moved by it.

Another wonderful interview David, I do so love your Sunday roasts!

Anonymous said...

Maggie, Rhea,
Thank you.

Carol,
Ha Ha Ha... I am as bonney as you are ! ;)

If you want, I'll send you a picture of mine separately by mail.

You are so so lovable.

Shrinky said...

EeeeeeeeeeeeeK! (Clapping my hands) Bring it on, Cuckoo.. smile.