Sunday, September 28, 2008

The Sunday Roast

Truly The Long Arm Of The Lore


This week's interview is with Sandi McBride,
who writes the blog Holding Patterns.

The first of the standard questions. Why do you blog?

I started blogging after I retired from Law Enforcement to keep my mind busy. I have written a weekly column for our local paper for the past ten years, but I needed more than that was giving me and the garden is a temporary thing at best.

What's the story behind your blog name?

When I turned 40 I told everyone that they should consider me in a holding pattern, no more birthdays to annoy or destroy ... that was 20 years ago and I'm still in the same holding pattern.

What is the best thing about being a blogger?

The best thing to me is the people I meet through my blogging. I have always loved people and interacting with them. I am proud to say that even people I placed in jail during my law enforcement career still smile and hug me when they see me and often tell me that I made an impact on their lives. It doesn't get better than that.

What key advice would you give to a newbie blogger?

Write what you know about ... it comes easy if you keep that one one important rule in mind. If it's your family, your career or your hobbies, just offer the benefit of your knowledge to others and you'll be rewarded by your audience tenfold.

What is the most significant blog post you've ever read?

One of my dearest friends is Sue (or SusieQ at Rabbit Run Cottage) She posted about the sad loss of a pet and the wonderful lessons learned from it. It was entitled A Dog Knows and it is this perfectly written piece on why animals don't live as long as humans. A must read.

What is the most significant blog post you've ever written?

I don't know that I like that question much as it seems to much like bragging. But I guess for me it would have to be the post about how I feel about blogging and bloggers (and it's at Kindness Of Strangers if you care to read it. )


Today's Sunday Roast with Sandi McBride is the 36th in a weekly series of interviews with bloggers from around the world.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Excellent interview. Sandi is one of my favorite reads!

Merisi said...

Oh, dearest Sandi,
I'd go to jail with you! ;-)

Seriously, I simply enjoy each and every single visit to your blog and your comments on mine. Do I have to point out that I owe this pleasure to David, without whom I would have never met you. Thanks to both of you!

Jeni said...

What a great interview with someone who really is the epitome of a lovely southern belle -intermingling just the right blending of sweetness with an oh so subtle touch of sarcasm once in a while! One of my fav bloggers, for sure!

Akelamalu said...

Fabulous interview. Sandi's blog is a must read.

katherine. said...

Sandi and I comment on a couple of the same sites...great to get to know her a little bit.

Daryl said...

Nice to get to know you better, Sandi ...


:-Daryl

Cath said...

Great interview. I love Sandi's blog and she spreads so much fun and goodness...

i beati said...

well said as always Sandy

Susie Q said...

Sandi is a blessing to us all...
She is amazing and so was your wonderful interview with her!
Thank you David!

Sandi McBride said...

Susie very kindly gave me the link to share since my link didn't work for her post...its
http://www.rabbitruncottage.blogspot.com/2008/04/dogs-already-know.html
I do hope you'll go read!
Thank you David...
Sandi

Shrinky said...

Oh Sandi, I am so glad you look just as I'd pictured you! (And yes, of course you're gorgeous.) What a lovely surprise to find you in here, a great interview kid, but then we would expect nothing else.

Unknown said...

Oh I am so glad you interviewed Sandi. She is one of my all time favorite people to read and the stories she tells are the best.